- Women never wear anything revealing and their garments generally have very conservative colors.
- Most zulu women wear full-length dresses that come in a variety of styles.
- For formal events like weddings and religious celebrations, women commonly wear a dirac.
- Traditionally a married woman will wear a scarf on her head.
- The head would then be covered by a scarf or sometimes a wrap.
- Some conservative Muslim women, in keeping with their Islamic beliefs, wear a burqa
in public which is a garment that covers their entire body from head to foot.